Monday, June 30, 2008

Princess Mom



Today Z called me a Princess. To be fair, I was wearing a skirt which he rarely sees me in. But, when your son calls you a princess, it makes your day. :)
Later in the afternoon, the three of us went to the park for a picnic (at Z's request). We ate a little, Z played a little then he ran off. He came back a couple minutes later and presented me with flowers saying, "For you mom." Awww! Now I really did feel like a princess. It did cross my mind that he may have been angling to borrow the car years from now, and I was almost inclined to hand over my keys. ;)
Later, Colin and I dropped Z off with Grandma and Grandpa and went to dinner. On several recommendations, we went to an Italian restaurant in Keizer. The restaurant was beautiful and the view was amazing, overlooking the lake. The food was even more impressive and we both agreed to return again soon!
We topped off our anniversary evening with a movie, Iron Man. It was excellent and perfect for a couple of superhero geeks like ourselves.
It ended up being an awesome day, and I was reminded how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for taking the time to stop by! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook

 
Pin It button on image hover