Sunday, March 7, 2010

If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.

So, Dr. Seuss' birthday was last week, and we just had to celebrate one of our favorite authors! After some confusion on Z's part... “But, how can Dr. Seuss come to the party if he's dead.??”...the 'celebration' got underway.

Of course, one has to have green eggs and ham! All along, Z said he would eat it, but then he chickened out. What a stinker! He did try a bite of the green deviled eggs I made, but that was it (he really isn't a big egg eater anyway though) but would not, could not touch the green ham. I ended up making sandwiches with the ham, and he insisted on non-green ham. LOL!





The inside view of my green ham panini!


Pink Ink!
If you have a lot of ink, then you should get a Yink, I think.



*Note to self: Don't get so carried away that you end up giving your kid (who rarely gets sugar) an entire glass of pink lemonade...yikes (luckily I convinced him to use the rest of his drink to make some cool ice cubes...whew!)!!


And, my attempt at cute cupcakes. I actually think it turned out okay, although I was a little disappointed I could only make one (turns out, those little rolls of Life Savers are impossible to come by nowadays, and the bags of mixed only had three red!).




So, it was a little work, but so much fun! Reading is such a huge part of our lives, and I love how passionate both of my kids are about reading. Dr. Seuss books are really spectacular, and so much fun for any age. I encourage everyone out there to read, read read to your kids as much and as often as possible, because...

”The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”

So, I guess I'll have to come up with something different for next year... And, if you want to have some kind of a Seuss celebration (and, why wait for an excuse??), check out the official (and amazing!) Seuss site: http://www.seussville.com/main.php?section=home&isbn=&catalogID=&eventID=
There are activities galore, fun games to play, recipes and you can even bulk up on your knowledge of the man himself, Theodor Seuss Geisel.

So, I'm curious...what's your favorite Dr. Seuss book and why?

3 comments:

  1. We had green eggs and ham when you and John were little. Both of you loved it. I have lots of favorite Dr Suess books, but I do LOVE Green Eggs and Ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! I love even the small "seuss" like touch of the curly straws!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kim! It's actually funny, because when I asked my hubby to "get the straws" he came back with the bendy straws... Of course, I had to send him back for the much more appropriate bendy straws. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for taking the time to stop by! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook

 
Pin It button on image hover